Take Charge Of Your Finances And Your Future

Experienced Representation For Modifying Or Enforcing Family Court Orders

At Jodie Bassichis, P.A, we represent clients with legal concerns that arise after a divorce or paternity action has been made final. These issues generally involve the modification and enforcement of child residence, child support, or spousal support. Conflicts involving money or children can be extremely contentious.

I have over 30 years of experience in Florida family law litigation, including all pleadings and court appearances for post-decree modifications and enforcement actions. If you need to revisit a family court order or are encountering any issue, please call my Hollywood office at 954-627-1499 for a free consultation.

Modification Of Parenting Arrangements Or Financial Support

A party may file for a modification of prior orders regarding child residence, child support or spousal support (alimony) when there has been a substantial change in circumstance.  A common change in circumstance that results in child support modification is a significant increase or decrease in income of one party.

Although child support is always modifiable, other issues or matters of law can be grounds to modify a court order:

  • Modification actions may be necessary when a parent has been exercising greater time-sharing than that contemplated or previously ordered or when a parents fails to exercise time-sharing pursuant to a prior order.
  • An action to modify the residence or time-sharing arrangements between the parent and child and to modify child support being paid by a parent may be filed as a Supplemental Petition.
  • Spousal support may be subject to termination or modification if the recipient has remarried or is cohabiting with another person, a party is receiving financial support, or if there has been any significant change of financial circumstances of either ex-spouse.

In most cases, modification of existing child support orders will only be retroactive to the date of filing. Accordingly, if a modification is warranted it is imperative to promptly file the Supplemental Petition for Modification.

Relocation Of Children

Relocation requests to 50 miles or more from the current residence, another part of the state or even to another country have become a popular or growing issue in the courts, especially since the implementation of the new statute regarding relocation. If a party does desire to relocate, there are now specific procedures which must be followed to successfully gain the right to relocate. If the other parent does not consent to relocation, the court will weigh the arguments for and against. I have represented the parent with primary residence seeking to move away as well as the parent who would be left behind and opposes the move. If relocation is granted, the parenting plan and child support orders may also need to be modified.

Contempt Of Court And Enforcement Actions

Contempt charges can be filed if one party does not adhere to the terms of a final judgment, mediation agreement or settlement agreement. Contempt charges may also be filed if a party is failing to pay child support, spousal support or if one party does not follow or hampers child residence or time-sharing arrangements. Jodie Bassichis, P.A, represents clients in contempt/enforcement proceedings. We provide experienced representation to those who have been subject to contempt /enforcement proceedings as well as those who need an order to be enforced and wish to bring contempt proceedings.

Tap Into My 30 Years Of Experience

Many family law, paternity and divorce conflicts continue even after the divorce or initial parenting decree has been made final. My firm strives to seek efficient and favorable resolutions on behalf of our clients, through mediation and negotiation or in contested courtroom proceedings. To learn more about your rights and how I can help, call me today at 954-627-1499 or email me to schedule a free consultation.